How to insert Flash Video (from YouTube) into PowerPoint 2007
FLV stands for "Flash Live Video". It is a format designed for Web video playback that offers high rates of compression and produces high quality video. Notable users of the FLV file include YouTube.
As you know, YouTube is the leader in online video, sharing original videos worldwide through a Web experience. YouTube allows people to easily upload and share video clips across Internet through websites, blogs, and email and mobile devices.
Now, more and more people download their favorite FLV files from YouTube and other video sharing websites and want to insert them into PowerPoint files to make a good presentation. But how to insert YouTube into PowerPoint presentation effectively? Many people have difficulty in inserting FLV Video to PowerPoint. Here I will show you how to insert your favorite FLV Video to PowerPoint according to my experience. Hope it can help you.
Insert FLV to PowerPoint step-by-step
1. Download and install VideoLAN VLC player on your computer. This player is for playing your local FLV files. Download VideoLAN VLC player.
2. Download FLV Video from YouTube or other video sharing web sites. And rename the FLV Video, like name.flv. Well, the most important is that, the video can be played back normally.
3. Find the hidden control Toolbox out in PowerPoint.
Click Office button ->PowerPoint Options -> Popular -> tick "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".
3. Click "Developer”, click the icon "More Controls" which is displayed as hummer and wrench in the Controls column.
Then select "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2" in the pop-up dialog box.
4. Click the position in your PowerPoint where you want to display the shape, press the mouse button and resize the area you like to place.
5. Right click the area you drew and go to Properties tab, and complete the value of attribute "MRL" with the path of the YouTube Flash video file, like D:\Temp\2008\temp.flv, then close the tab. Now the YouTube Flash video in your hard drive is ready to play in your presentation.
Tips for inserting FLV to PowerPoint
Generally speaking, With PowerPoint, it sounds a little complicated for inserting FLV into PowerPoint file. By the way, some presentation authoring tools can help you insert FLV files conveniently as PPT2Flash Standard. With PPT2Flash Standard, you can insert YouTube into PowerPoint file just by clicking “insert Flash”. Then you can select the FLV video from your computer.
Then the FLV from YouTube is ready to play in your presentation.
Tips for YouTube
YouTube is very popular around us, many people want to download their favorite videos form YouTube and insert them into PowerPoint. Here is a video about how to Insert YouTube Video into PowerPoint, you can have a look and have more idea about it.
Want to know more good features about PPT2Flash Standard?
Please go to:http://www.sameshow.com/powerpoint-to-flash.html