DemoCreator – General Settings and Hotkey Tips for Screen Recording
There some settings options you should know when you are using DemoCreator.
Click the DemoCreator icon and go to DemoCreator Options, and your do some general settings and difine the screen recording hotkeys.
Open the DemoCreator Option window, and you can do the general settings and customize your hotkeys.
In General Settings, you can define your Working folder, undos, and default duration for slides and objects.
And you may customize the default project dimension. This option works for projects started with blank slides. And you may find that the pre-set default project dimension is 640 px by 480 px.
Define Hotkeys for Screen Capture
Hotkeys is set for easier operation. You can uses pre-set keystroke or keystroke combination to Start, End and Pause/Resume the on-screen capture recording process.
There are some hotkeys for recording and panning that can be changed:
- The End capture hotkey - end a screen capture session. And you can also double click the DemoCreator icon to stop your recording.
- The Pause / Resume hotkey - pause and resume an active screen capture session. When you are doing your recording, you can pause and resume your recording later.
- Manual capture - Press the hotkey and it will capture the coming screen shot with the curse movement. Only works in Manual capture mode.
- Auto Pan Switch - Auto Pan or not Auto Pan, just one keystroke to change the recording status.
- Manual Positioning - Take the cursor as the center and reposition the recording area (this feature only works when Auto Pan is disabled).
To change these hotkeys, please click the input box, and then press the key or key combination. For example, if you want to set CTRL+E as End capture hot key, just press Ctrl and E. And the new keystroke(s) will appear on this input box.
Besides the hotkeys mentioned above, there are some other hidden hotkeys that can be used to ease your work.
Preview the demo: F5
Preview the selected slide: Ctrl+P
Create a new project: Ctrl+N
Go to the beginning and play: Home
Go to the end of movie: End
Fast Forward: Up, Right
Fast Reverse: Down, Left