Add Anotation & Animation to Spice up Your Demos
DemoCreator is a screen recorder with powerful editing features. Here is a guide to show you how to edit your demo movies with the objects in DemoCreator.
There are many anotation and animation objects in DemoCreator to spice up your presentation and make the viewers more engaged. These objects are helpful to explain the screen actions in video instructions and visual tips. Here is a list of objects which can be used in different Scenarios:
- Callouts: Text Box , Rounded Rectangle Callout , Oval Callout , Cloud Callout , Note
- Shapes: Rectangle , Rounded Rectangle , Oval , Cloud , Explosion
- Effects: Blur , Spotlight , Highlight , Solid Shade
- Lines: Line , Arrow , Double Arrow
- Simulation Objects: Button , Click Zone , Entry
Make good use of these objects and you can create animated and interactive demo videos. Animation features are available to these objects. What's more, You can add Flash Animations to your demo movie.
Click to select the object icon, then you can draw the callout or shape on the editing area. For more objects in the object gallery, click the More button and check them out.
It is easy to copy, paste, move, resize, rotate or delete any object in the demo movie. And you may do more settings to the objects to make your demo movie more engaging.
Add Text to Objects
For some text objects like Callouts, Shapes and Buttons, you can select them and type the text to them. The text can be customized with many font properties.
Set Styles to Objects
Double-click the selected objects, you can format them with preset styles. For more styles, click the More button and check them out.
You can click Quick Style to apply the new style to your selected objects.
Also, your can customize the objects with your styles including properties such as Shape Fill, Shape Outline and Shadow. The Shape fill can be a color, a gradient, and even a picture.
To maintain the consistency, you may apply the selected style to the whole demo movie or the current slide.
Arrange display layers
To arrange the display layers of the inserted objects, do one of the following two:
- Click Arrage on Home tab, and select the way you want the selected object to show: Bring to Front, Send to Back, Bring Forward, and Send Backward. And you can rotate the objects with the Rotate options.
- Right-click the selected object, and select the way you want the selected object to show from the right-click menu.
Another two helpful features: Set as Default Style--set the current style as default style for all object of this type; Save as Picture--save the selected object as an image.
Adjust Play Order
- Click to select the objects which you want to adjust in the editing scene, or just select it in the time line editor, and selected object in the time line editor will turn yellow.
- Then you can setup the timing for each object by dragging the length to decide when the callout appears and disappears.
To provide additional emphasis on important process, you can add an animation to a callout or a shape in your demo movie. For example, you can make a rectangle shape fly in quickly and fade in slowly on a slide.
You may preview the effect to decide which animation works best for your object. Apply animation sparingly to prevent obscuring your message or overwhelming your audience.
Add an animation
- Click the object that you want to animate.
- On the Animations tab, select the animation styles that you want from the Animate list for entrance and exit.
When you animate your objects, you can choose from among the following options such as Fade in, Fly in, Wheel, Blind, Float in, Zoom, Wipe or Box.
If you copy an object that has an animation applied to it to another slide, the animation is also copied.
Delete an animation
- Click the SmartArt graphic with the animation that you want to remove.
- On the Animations tab, in the Animate list, click No Animation.
Callouts and Shapes
Callout and shapes are graphics to add instructions to the demo to draw audience’ attention to important processes. After inserting a callout or shape, you can type some text to explain the action or process.
- Blur : Add blur effect to keep privacy while showing the actual proces. The blur callout hides a portion of the desktop containing sensitive or confidential content like email addresses, Login information, Phone numbers, Personal information, Credit card numbers.
- Spotlight : Adds an area of light while making the rest of the desktop dimming.
- Highlight : Add a highlight to emphasize a portion in your demo movie. You may change the highlight color if needed.
- Solid Shade : Add a Solid Shade to cover an area on your screen. You may change the Solid color if needed.
Insert ready-made lines, arrows and double arrows to illustrate the demo movie.
- Button: Add button with action like Continue, Go to slide, Go to Url, Close the demo, and Send email.
- Click Zone: Add Click zone with action like Continue, Go to slide, Go to Url, Close the demo, and Send email. Similar with button, but this object is semitransparent.
- Edit Entry: Add Edit Entry requiring users to type the right charactor or string and press Enter to go on with the demo.
Edit the movement route and cursor with different styles and options.
Add animated Flash objects to enhance your demo movie. You can insert animations to your demo from the built-in animation library, or you may import created Flash animations by clicking More buttion.
- Click Flash on Home tab.
- Select the Flash animation in the library.
- Cutomize the color and direction for the object.